- New Inventory
- Build & Price
- New F-150 Trucks
- Financing Application
- Sell or Trade Your Vehicle
- Early Lease Renewal
- Vehicle Models
- Parts & Service
Find public EV charging stations. Discover nearby public Ev charging stations or fid the most convenient stations along your route.
Can I charge my Ford electric vehicle at a Tesla Supercharger*?
Ford electric vehicles (EVs) can now charge at select Tesla Supercharger locations in North America via a Magic Dock adapter built into their stations.
You can find Magic Dock-equipped locations through the FordPass®** App or your vehicle’s Connected Navigation system.
- Tesla Superchargers are not currently included in the BlueOval™ Charge Network (BOCN).
- Payment for using a Tesla Supercharger must be completed through the Tesla App, available on the App Store and Google Play store***.
- If you are in need of charging support while using a Magic Dock-equipped Tesla Supercharger, contact Tesla directly through the Tesla App.
Parking at a Tesla Supercharger
Site layout and cable length may make it difficult to reach the charge port on your vehicle. When parking at a Tesla Supercharger and enabling the cable to reach your vehicle, you should:
- Be respectful of other site users.
- Observe posted parking ordinances.
- Take care not to block traffic or park illegally.
- Take notice of any posts, barriers, or parking stops that may cause damage to your vehicle when parking.
* Ford does not control any aspect of Tesla Superchargers, including the availability of locations that are open to non-Tesla vehicles, charge station layout and cable lengths, and charging prices, including any idle fees.
** The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply.
*** App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google, Google Play, and Android are trademarks of Google Inc.
How do I manage charging for my Battery Electric Vehicle?
To use Battery Electric Vehicle features in FordPass®, you must:
- Have an active FordPass account.
- Have a Battery Electric Vehicle added to the app.
- Ford Mach-E
- Navigate to the Vehicle landing page.
- Select the Charging header.
- Tap the Charge Settings button.
- Select Manage Charging.
- You will have the option to:
- Charge to 100%
- Stop Charging
- Note: These actions will start/stop the charge of the vehicle in the case of scheduled charges, preferred charge times and any other charge scheduled feature.
- You can also Resume schedule to overwrite the previous stop charge request.
What do I do if I’m at a charge station and the FordPass®* App is down?
Follow the directions on the charge station to activate the charger.
What do I do if the BlueOval™ Charge Network is down, and I need to charge my Ford?
Contact FordPass® Customer Service to check the network’s status by pressing the Call button in the Help section of the FordPass App*.
If the network is confirmed to be down, follow the directions on the charge station to activate the charger.
What is the Ford Mobile Power Cord?
The Ford Mobile Power Cord, also known as the Ford Mobile Charger, provides Level 1 and Level 2 charging capability at home, as well as other destinations.
Ford Mobile Power Cord Basics
- Backed by a 3-year limited warranty*.
- Works with industry-standard J1772 plugs. Compatible with all EVs on the market today that are compliant with SAE J1772.
- With a standard 120V outlet, you can add an average range of 5 kilometres per charging hour**. With a high-power 240V outlet, you can add an average range of 33 kilometres per charging hour**.
Ford Mobile Power Cord Specs
- Max Output Power: 30A***
- Input Voltage: 120V or 240V
- Charge Time (0-100%):
- Approx. 95 hours with a 120V
- Approx. 14 hours with a 240V
- Input Frequency: 60Hz
- Dimensions: 126mm X 259mm x 59mm
- Weight: 4.3 kg or 9.5 lbs
- Dynamic colour LED lights show power and charging status
- Weatherproof: Safe for both indoor and outdoor use with an IP-66 rating
- Lightweight 6-metre (or 20 ft) cable
- Ford Mobile Power Cord
- 20-ft. cable and charge coupler
- Low Power Connector (120V)
- High Power Connector (240V NEMA 14-50)
*See your Ford Dealer for limited-warranty details.
**Range and charge time based on manufacturer computer engineering simulations and EPA-estimated range calculation methodology. The charging rate decreases as the battery reaches full capacity. Your results may vary based on peak charging times and battery state of charge. Actual vehicle range varies with conditions such as external elements, driving behaviours, vehicle maintenance, lithium-ion battery age and state of health.
***Charging times vary based on household circuit amperage.