The 2016 Ford Explorer is the ideal SUV for long weekends, long road trips, and navigating the busy cities. In addition to all-terrain capability with available Intelligent 4WD and an abundance of standard features and technology, the 4-door Explorer is a testament to Ford being Canada’s Best-Selling Automotive Brand for seven years running (2009-2015). Available 2016 Ford Explorer trim levels include the Explorer Base Model, XLT, Limited, Sport, and Platinum.
Sleek And Spacious
The brawny exterior body of the 2016 Ford Explorer has smooth lines and appealing contours. Highlights include standard low-beam LED headlights with Signature lighting, a range of 18- to 20-inch wheels, and a fresh, redesigned front, rear, and roofline. The Platinum comes with exclusive exterior features such as satin chrome accents and 20” aluminum wheels. Dual chrome exhaust tips are standard while twin-fascia integrated chrome exhaust tips are available. LED taillights are standard and fog lights are an available feature. Roof side rails are a great feature to have which enhances exterior versatility and are available in different colours such as silver, gloss-black, or satin chrome.
You will find the interior cabin of 2016 Ford Explorer to be very spacious with comfortable legroom and headroom in all seven seats. Cloth seats are standard in addition to numerous leather options available. Other features include MyKey, air filtration system, and steering wheel-mounted controls. The first-row centre floor console with wrapped armrest and storage bin is a convenient interior storage area that is easily accessible. Available interior highlights include ambient lighting, leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather-wrapped shift knob, and lighted front scuff plates. An available dual panel moonroof offers an amazing view from inside the cabin. SYNC with MyFord is standard on the Explorer Base Model while SYNC with MyFord Touch comes with all other trim levels. SiriusXM is available as well as a Sony Premium Audio System with 12-speakers. A voice-activated navigation system as well as a media hub with two USB ports and an SD card reader are additional available features.
Reliable Performance And Capability
Performance is met by three engine options for the 2016 Ford Explorer each provide their own key merits in terms of extra power or increased efficiency. There is a 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 and two EcoBoost options for superior fuel economy. The 6-speed SelectShift automatic transmission delivers smooth handling and acceleration. Intelligent all-wheel-drive is standard with the 3.5L EcoBoost and an option on the 3.5L Ti-VCT and 2.3L EcoBoost.
2016 Ford Explorer Engines
|3.5L Ti-VCT V6||290 horsepower with 255 lb-ft of torque|
|2.3L EcoBoost I-4||280 horsepower with 310 lb-ft of torque|
|3.5L EcoBoost V6||365 horsepower with 350 lb-ft of torque|
2016 Ford Explorer Fuel Economy
|Fuel Economy - L/100km||City||Highway|
|3.5L Ti-VCT FWD||Up to: 13.9||Up to: 9.6|
|3.5L Ti-VCT 4WD||Up to: 14.4||Up to: 10.4|
|2.3L EcoBoost FWD||Up to: 12.6||Up to: 8.5|
|2.3L EcoBoost 4WD||Up to: 13.1||Up to: 9.1|
|3.5L EcoBoost 4WD||Up to: 14.9||Up to: 10.7|
Your actual fuel consumption will vary based on driving habits and other factors.
Never underestimate the capability of the 2016 Ford Explorer with its award-winning design.
1. 2012 Top Safety Pick IIHS Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
2. 2011 North American Truck of the Year
3. 2011 Best New Technology Award - AJAC Automobile Journalists Association of Canada
4. 2010 Ideal Vehicle Award Winner - AutoPacific
5. 2009 - 2015 Canada's Best-Selling Automotive Brand Seven Years In A Row
Top-notch safety technology and features, including the Personal Safety System make the 2016 Ford Explorer on the of the safest sport utility vehicles on the market:
- AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control
- Front passenger with dual-stage front airbags
- Safety belt pretensioners
- Safety belt energy-management retractors
- Driver’s seat position sensor
- Crash severity sensor
- Front-Passenger Sensing System
- Front Passenger Knee Airbag
- 4-wheel anti-lock disc brakes
- Industry-first Inflatable rear outboard safety belts
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Children)
- Safety Canopy System
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System
- Traction control
- Rear view camera
- Reverse sensing system
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with cross-traffic alert
- Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist
- Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision warning with brake support
- Individual tire pressure monitoring system
All 2016 Ford Explorer models are covered by a solid Ford warranty:
- Basic Coverage: 3 years/60,000 km
- Powertrain Limited Warranty: 5 years/100,000 km
- Roadside Assistance: 5 years/100,000
- Corrosion Perforation Warranty: 5 years/Unlimited Distance
Some conditions apply. See Watkin Motors Ford for full details in Vernon, British Columbia, Canada.
2016 Ford Explorer For Sale In Vernon, BC
Drive the most comprehensive SUV out there in terms of delivering on all that counts when you get behind the wheel of a 2016 Ford Explorer. The Explorer model has been a staple in Canada for a long time, and the 2016 edition holds nothing back once again. Experience all it can offer you and your family with a test drive! Come in to your local Vernon Ford dealer - Watkin Motors Ford to view our extensive inventory of new Ford models. From SUVs to sedans to trucks, Watkin Motor Ford has the experience and know-how to get you driving home in the perfect new Ford vehicle!
Disclaimer: Price subject to change without notice. See dealer for details.